Sat, Oct 21|
Woodlawn Lake (Pavilion)
Costumes of Courage 5K
"Costumes of Courage 5K for Mental Health" is not just a race; it's an opportunity to come together as a community to support mental health, break down stigmas, and celebrate the strength it takes to face life's challenges. Costumes are strongly encouraged!
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2023, 8:30 AM – Oct 22, 2023, 1:00 PM
Woodlawn Lake (Pavilion), 501 S Josephine Tobin Dr, San Antonio, TX 78201, USA
About the event
Join us for a one-of-a-kind event with a powerful message of mental health awareness and resilience!
Metanoia Counseling presents: "Costumes of Courage 5K for Mental Health" is not just a race; it's an opportunity to come together as a community to support mental health, break down stigmas, and celebrate the strength it takes to face life's challenges. By joining us you are making a bold statement in support of mental health awareness and breaking down stigmas. You are also contributing to a worthy cause that provides critical resources and assistance to individuals and families affected by mental health challenges.
Together, we can make a positive impact on mental health in our community and show that we have the courage to address this important issue while having a fantastic time doing it. Costumes are strongly encouraged! Get creative, have fun, and let your costume reflect your unique personality and support for mental health.Let's run, walk, and celebrate courage in the face of mental health challenges!
Metanoia Counseling has partned with The Healing Mothers Foundation (HMF) to host Costumes of Courage 5K & Wellness Fest.
The Healing Mothers Foundation (HMF) is a local foundation that is dedicated to our community's health and wellness. HMF hosts free public events, classes, healing sessions, discussions and also provide information and resources to assist individuals in making their health and wellness a priority.
Costumes of Courage 5K & Wellness Fest Event Highlights:
- Location: (Woodlawn Lake) A scenic route that offers a perfect backdrop for your creative costumes.
- 5K Run/Walk: Whether you're a seasoned runner or prefer a leisurely walk, this event welcomes participants of all fitness levels.
- Costume Contest: Embrace your creativity and wear your most imaginative costume! Prizes will be awarded for the most original, funniest, and best-themed costumes.
- Fundraising: Proceeds from this event will benefit The Metanoia Counseling Mental Health Scholarship Fund- helping to fund vital programs and services that support those affected by mental health challenges.
- Mental Health Awareness: Throughout the event, we'll have informative displays and resources to promote mental health awareness and understanding.
- Community Support: Connect with others who share your passion for mental health advocacy and support. Share stories, exchange experiences, and build a network of encouragement.
- Family-Friendly: This event is family-friendly, so bring the kids and enjoy a fun-filled day together. We'll have activities for children as well.
- Refreshments: Stay energized with post-race refreshments and snacks.
- Music and Entertainment: Enjoy music, entertainment, and a lively atmosphere throughout the event.
Costumes of Courage 5K
Participants are encouraged to wear costumes that represent courage and strength. This could include characters who have overcome adversity, showcasing the resilience needed for mental health journeys.$35.00+$0.88 service fee